Preparation time: 30 mins
Cooking time: up to 1 hour
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 200g pancetta cubetti (bacon chopped)
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1ltr hot vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Peel the butternut squash, slice in half, remove the seeds and chop the butternut into smallish chunks.
- Heat 1tbsp of the olive oil in a large pan, add the pancetta cubetti and cook for 5 minutes until lightly crisp.
- Then remove from the pan and leave to one side.
- In the same pan, add the last tbsp of the olive oil and fry the onion over a low heat for 4-5 minutes until soft.
- Then add the garlic and butternut squash and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour in the hot stock and simmer for about 20-25 minutes until the butternut squash is soft.
- Add the pancetta cubetti (saving some for decoration).
- Blend the soup until smooth return to the pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the remaining bacon bits.
If you have a favourite recipe that you would like us to feature please email firstname.lastname@example.org