Preparation time 30 mins
Cooking time 30 mins
- 200g quinoa
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into thick round slices
- 1 pepper, red, yellow or a mixture, deseeded and cut into wedges
- 1 tomato, roughly chopped
- 100g courgettes, cut into small chunks
- 100g parsnips, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- A small bunch of flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 200g pack feta cheese, optional
Cook the quinoa following pack instructions, then drain really well and set aside.
Meanwhile heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the onion, peppers, tomato, courgettes , parsnips and garlic in a roasting tray and toss with 2tbsp of oil and some seasoning. Roast for 40 minutes.
Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves out of their skins and mash with some seasoning. Stir in the remaining oil, lemon juice and zest. Drizzle over the quinoa and toss together with the roasted vegetables and parsley. Crumble over the feta and serve.
If you have a favourite recipe that you would like us to feature please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Recipe adapted from BBC GoodFood.