Stir-fried Chicken with Longan
This simple yet elegant 3-part recipe is easy to make and wonderful taste of the Far East to share.
Preparation time 15 mins
Cooking time 40 mins
Ingredients for marinade
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1tablespoon of cornflour
Ingredients for sauce
- 4 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon of cornflour
- 2 teaspoons of sweet soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
Ingredients for main portion
- 10-ounce boneless chicken breast
- 1 can of longans, drained, rinsed and diced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil or light virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- Mix the cornflour, salt and soy sauce in a bowl. Set it aside for later use.
- Combine all sauce ingredients in separate bowl and mix well.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces and soak in the marinade for at least 30 minutes. Soak the longan fruit in salted water for 15 minutes, then drain and slice in half.
- Use a skillet and cook the chicken using the olive oil. As the chicken becomes tender, add the diced pepper, sauce and longan fruit.
- Cook for another 2 minutes and the sauce will thicken as the chicken finishes cooking. Serve over jasmine or brown rice.