Why not try this lovely soup to stay warm.
Preparation time 15 mins
Cooking time 25 mins
- Olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut in small cubes
- 1 litre veg or chicken stock
- 1 head of broccoli, about 300g, roughly chopped
- 200g feta cheese
- 4 tbsp toasted walnuts, plus more to garnish
- Pop a large pot over medium heat. Add a splash of olive oil. Tumble in the onion and garlic, with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook until tender.
- Swirl the potato through the onion mix. Pour in half the stock. Simmer until the potato is tender, 10-15mins.
- Add half of the remaining stock. Let it warm through. Pile in the broccoli. Fold through. Cook for 3-4 minutes until just tender but still bright green.
- Add half the feta and the walnuts. Whizz to a smooth soup in a food processor or blender. Taste. Adjust seasoning, if needed. Add a few more walnuts or little more cheese, if you like. Drizzle in more stock (warm it through first), if the soup is too thick. Blend until just right.
This is lovely hot or cold and delicious with little cubes of feta and walnuts scattered on top.
Recipe from Abel & Cole.