My ethos is knowing and understanding the basics. The course I teach is informative, fun, energetic and practical. I want my students to gain the knowledge and confidence to be the best they can be and to help them build a rewarding future in the fitness industry. I strive to bring out the best in everyone I teach by encouragement and motivation, either through discussions or practical tasks.
My greatest achievement would have to be achieving a gold medal in Amsterdam, which was a fantastic experience! This is closely followed by becoming a tutor, which has been a life changing experience for me. I used to be fairly shy so it just shows you can do anything you set your mind to and I enjoy every second of it.
Adrian’s interest in fitness started from a young age, having been dragged along to the gym to watch his mother joining in the aerobics classes in her best leotard! By age 16 Adrian was participating in competitive ballroom and Latin dancing. He trained with the National Aerobics Team and was chosen to represent Zimbabwe at the World Cup.
Experience and expertise
- 14 years' experience in the fitness industry
- Level 3 in Studio Professional which includes exercise to music, choreography and conditioning, step, dance, aerobics, studio cycle and body pump
- 4-year Professional Dance Teacher/Performing Arts Diploma
- Career highlights - teaching spinning to the Zimbabwe cricket team and representing Zimbabwe in the World Aerobics Championships in 1999 in Amsterdam, where he achieved a gold medal for a mixed pairs event
- Adrian teaches aerobics and has worked for Future Fit Training for 2 years
What is your specialist area?
Aerobics - I get so much out of seeing my students achieve their best. It's great to share my experiences with them.
What's the best bit of advice you've received?
Just be yourself!
Tell us something personal about yourself
I enjoy watching Strictly!