A round-up of the year in the School of Pilates
This year has been as busy as ever, which culminated with us achieving our prestigious UKActive Training Award for Most Innovative Training Programme.
The team has been busy developing new products, revising existing courses and creating new information for you all. I’m sure you’ll agree that the members of our teaching team are so passionate and dedicated to Pilates exercise that their enthusiasm and love of Pilates is passed on when they teach our courses and workshops. We are very fortunate to have such wonderful and experienced Pilates teachers working in the school.
Here are our achievements in 2014:
- We launched our fantastic Sports Specific Pilates workshop, designed to provide Pilates practitioners with information on how to adapt Pilates exercises and work with sports enthusiasts. It’s packed full of useful information and we’re already planning new dates and locations for the workshop in 2015.
- We created and introduced our brilliant Career Accelerator Package, designed to include useful products and services that will help you start your teaching careers with confidence. These packs are included in both the Level 3 Diploma in Mat Pilates and the Level 3 Specialist Diploma in Mat Pilates.
- We started our Pilates A-Z and received great feedback from those accessing the information in the ‘Resources’ section of the website – please take a look and tell us what you think. You can also access our helpful articles in this area and watch the Pilates sequences as well.
- We’re now delivering our Pilates courses in Exeter and this has been well received, especially by those living in the West Country
- We love reading your comments from our social media posts – please continue to like and share with your friends and family.
What’s in store as we move into 2015?
You’ll be pleased to hear we have more of the same - useful, practical, imaginative workshops and information designed to support you throughout your time studying with us as well as once you’ve qualified. We know what’s it’s like to be a busy Pilates teacher and we want to supply you with practical hints, tips and advice that you can easily apply to your own classes. We’ll continue to deliver our popular Vertical Fusion Pilates workshops in 2015 and if you haven’t yet attended one, I would encourage you to do so as it will give you lots of great ideas for your classes.
Pilates exercise is as popular as ever and many people are recognising the benefits of this exercise system. So make 2015 your year to get out there and spread the Pilates message. As Joseph Pilates once said, “The Pilates method of body conditioning develops the body uniformly, corrects posture, restores vitality, invigorates the mind and elevates the spirit.”
I wish you a very happy and healthy New Year.