Pilates Instructor Careers
Becoming a Pilates teacher is a very rewarding and satisfying career. Within the School of Pilates you can:
- Achieve success through our recognised qualifications which focus on the provision of excellent teaching and learning
- Progress your knowledge and understanding whilst training and beyond
- Inspire your classes and clients by teaching with confidence and be inspired by our service
We fully prepare you to positively contribute to the health of the nation and continue spreading the Pilates message.
Once you have qualified as a Pilates teacher there are some key steps you can take to progressing your dream:
1. Get insured
Public Indemnity Insurance will cost about £50 a year and is simple to arrange. During your course we will give you a list of industry specific companies and you can arrange it online or over the phone.
2. Choose a direction
There are plenty of opportunities available to you once you qualify as a Pilates teacher:
- Group Pilates class: approach gyms or health clubs to teach Pilates classes.
- Studios: hire a studio and start your own private class.
- Health Practitioners: work alongside a physiotherapist.
- Dance studios: you can contact local dance schools and offer to teach a Pilates class as part of their dance syllabus.
- Sports clubs: you could work with football or other sports clubs at amateur or professional level to help players strengthen their core muscles and improve muscle flexibility.
If teaching Pilates as a class is what you want to do, you need to be organised and find a suitable venue. Local church halls and community centres are a good starting point to investigate availability and cost of hire. Make sure the venue is well ventilated, light, clean, uncluttered and with plenty of space.
You'll also need to organise public liability insurance for yourself and this can be obtained from most insurance brokers or through REPs. This is very important as many health clubs (and discerning PT clients) will only employ you if you can prove you are a member of this or other such organisations. In order to retain your membership you have to prove your continuing professional development (CPD) each year, which is another great reason for updating your knowledge regularly.
3. Market yourself
Our fantastic Career Accelerator Package comes included with both our Pilates diplomas to help you spread the word and tell everyone who you are, what you do and why they need to come to your classes!
It contains a variety of essential products and services including:
4. Become indispensible to your clients
It is your job to keep your clients focused, motivated and on-track. Do this well and you develop a loyal client base who regard you as truly indispensible!
The simplest way is to make sure you stay up-to-date with all the latest trends. Most training providers offer Continuous Professional Development (CPD) courses, so make sure you regularly attend courses to expand your understanding and subject knowledge.
There are many areas that you can specialise in:
These additional skills can really set you apart from your competition!
Start your Pilates journey now with our Level 3 Diploma in Mat Pilates.