"My ethos is that I like instructors to use their imaginations when they teach. Keep each session informative and diverse with a good balance of motivational techniques."
"The best piece of advice I have received is that you can’t fire a cannon from a canoe."
Simon qualified as a chef after leaving school and toured the world for several years, covering various catering jobs. He re-qualified as a teacher with a view to teaching catering courses but saw the light and fell in love with fitness, qualified as a fitness instructor and the rest is history!
Experience and expertise
- 15 years’ experience in the fitness industry
- Qualified at REPs Level 3, exercise referral for health, military fitness and teaching
- Varied roles including managing parks for British Military Fitness
- Organised the fitness regime for United Nations Forces overseas and runs his own fitness company
- Simon teaches and assesses the Gym Instructor course and has worked for Future Fit Training since 2007
What is your specialist area?
My specialist area is outdoor circuit-based classes. What I like to see most is when people gain a new lease of life through fitness, leading them to attempt events such as triathlons.
What is your greatest achievement in fitness?
I’ve served all over the world with the Army Reserves for 15 years and was given the opportunity to head the fitness training for the United Nations peace keeping force. This involved working with the multi-national force based within the ceasefire line in Cyprus for 6 months.
Tell us something personal about yourself
I have a number of hidden tattoos.