"My ethos is to teach the way you want to be taught - with passion, enthusiasm and energy. Don’t forget the most important person you are working with is your client. You can only grow if you are trying new things. Stay positive and smile!"
"The best piece of advice I have received is to have no regrets, do your best and learn from everything that happens."
Robert has been involved in competitive sport since a young age, playing football to a high level and representing school and county at cross country.
His main passion is long distance running and he’s completed full and half marathons. Robert became involved with the Welsh Rugby Union in 2000 and has enjoyed success both with individuals and teams. He set up his own personal training business 9 years ago, working with clients on virtually every aspect of fitness and motivation ranging from losing weight and gaining confidence to competitive sports people. Robert works full time as a college tutor, working with young adults who wish to join a public service.
Experience and expertise
- Over 15 years’ experience in the fitness industry
- Works as a fitness instructor in a small private gym
- Qualified Level 3 personal trainer
- Worked with mainstream clients and managing a club
- Conditioning coach for the Welsh Rugby Union U18 Elite Squad
- Level 2 Rugby Union coaching badge
- Best practice in working with children, involved with an under-12 youth team
- Now works full time in public services teaching physical preparation, instructing physical activity, fitness testing and training, team sports, team work and leadership
- Robert teaches the Gym Instructor course and has been a Future Fit Training tutor since 2010
What is your specialist area?
Conditioning, especially sports specific and free-weights.
What's your greatest achievement in fitness?
It’s difficult to choose as there are so many for different reasons. For example, one of my clients couldn’t run even for one minute when we started working together and now he’s consistently running 10K races. I watched a televised rugby match with some of the rugby boys that I’d coached and I have to confess I shed a tear of pride. My personal achievement has been completing marathons and recently completing 110 miles in 4 hours on a bike for Children in Need.
Tell us something personal about yourself
I was once chased down a country road by a cow during a personal training session with a client!