"My ethos is that no two clients are the same. Their motivation for exercise, limitations and beliefs differ and as fitness professionals we must respectfully adapt accordingly. Understanding what drives our clients is the key to success. The fitness industry is always changing with new equipment, new ideas and new information. It is our duty to stay up to date with the changes. ‘Never stop learning’ is an overused quote but one that is true to the industry we work in."
"My greates achievement in fitness has to be setting up my own fitness company! This was pretty scary at the time but I’ve never looked back. Having the flexibility of running my own company allows me to make time for my little boy, so I get the best of both worlds – I’m a full time mum as well as a personal trainer."
Future Fit's Katie Gallagher loves educating people about how their body moves and how to work it in a safe and effective way. Read her interview here.
Katie always knew that she wanted to work with people and in the fitness industry. After qualifying she worked in a health club as an instructor and progressed to building a highly successful PT business. In 2009 she set up her own company which was a risk as it was the start of the recession but she felt confident that she could make it work. Katie runs boot camps and provides sports massage to people. She works when she wants, doing a job she loves!
Experience and expertise
- Over 10 years’ experience in the fitness industry
- Diplomas in Personal Training and Sports Massage Therapy
- Completed courses with The National Academy of Sports Medicine
- Certified NLP Practitioner
- Certified Metabolic Typing Practitioner
- Worked as a gym instructor for a major health club chain
- Worked as a personal trainer providing 25-30 sessions per week as well as teaching RPM, body pump, Pilates and circuits
- Set up her own business 3 years ago training people in their own homes
- Katie teaches and assesses the Gym Instructor course and has been a Future Fit Training tutor since 2011
What is your specialist area?
I really enjoy training people for fat loss and also posture correction.
What's the best bit of advice you've received?
Never stop learning! The day you do is the day that you will no longer be relevant to the fitness industry.
Tell us something personal about yourself
My two favourite quotes are; “Vision without action is merely a dream. Action without vision just passes the time. Vision with action can change the world.” Joel A. Barker. “The difference between the impossible and the possible lies in a man's determination." Tommy Lasorda
My favourite film of all time is Die Hard - I can actually recite the film word for word!