Basic Step InstructorThis course is popular, great fun and will enable you to do much more than simply run step aerobics classes. Covering both the straight forward 80s style type class as well as the more dance choreographed style you will see at fitness conventions, this course will show you how to structure your classes and build-up step moves in an easy to follow way.
On successful completion you can combine your new skills with your other disciplines to deliver classes such as 20/20/20 (20 minutes aerobics, 20 minutes step, 20 minutes body conditioning) – a real class pleaser.
What our students say...
"My tutor was very good, and he made it easy for us to understand all the movements. This was great for me as I’m not so naturally coordinated! I really enjoyed doing this course." Scott
A 1-day practical course.
- Health and safety guidelines
- The theory behind the benefits of step training
- Kinesiology, physiological, biomechanical implications and considerations of step training
- Basic step choreography; instructions, teaching points and adaptations for each move and sequence
- Class formatting and how to structure a beginner level class
- How to build and develop choreography from base moves using choreographic variations and appropriate learning curves to suit all levels
- Teaching skills: effective verbal and visual cueing, class communication/interaction, instruction and performance techniques
- How to incorporate layering techniques, impact, different step approaches, style, arm lines, linking moves and use of music
A Level 2 Aerobics qualification and preferably at least 6 months regular attendance at step classes.
Students will be expected to demonstrate competent teaching in a number of key exercises during the course under the observation of the tutor.
Certification and credits
On successful completion you will receive a Future Fit Training certificate. You will also receive 8 REPs CPD points.