Mini Feta, Cranberry & Spinach Quiches
These crustless mini quiches are packed with seasonal flavours, small and satisfying. They're a great finger food for your Christmas party or a light and tasty breakfast alternative on the big day that can be made ahead of time!
- 200g feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon rapeseed oil
- 120g spinach
- 100g frozen cranberries
- 50ml orange juice & 2 tbsp agave
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- Dried chives & sage to taste
- 4 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 100ml semi skimmed milk
1) Defrost the cranberries & simmer with the orange juice & agave for around 20 minutes until reduced, drain and set aside.
2) Preheat a muffin tin at 200C and spray with low calorie cooking spray.
3) Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Use the rapeseed oil to sauté the spinach until wilted, add the crumbled feta, herbs and drained cranberries.
4) Whisk the eggs, egg whites and milk in a medium bowl. Divide the egg mixture evenly among the prepared muffin cups. Spoon a heaped tablespoon of the spinach, feta and cranberry mixture into each cup.
5) Bake until the tops are just beginning to brown, (around 20 minutes)
6) Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes still in the tin.. Place a rack on top of the pan, flip it over and turn the quiches out onto the rack. Turn upright and let cool completely.
Per mini quiche: 104 calories, 7 g fat, 6 g carbohydrates (5g of natural sugar), 6g protein
Allergy Information: contains milk, egg