Wild Alaska Salmon Bonfire Burgers
Add a fiery tomato relish for a kick.
- Flour, for hands
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- 8 mini burger buns
- 4 tbsp soured cream
- Coriander leaves, to serve
For the burgers
- 400g wild Alaska salmon, skinned
- 50g white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg white
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander
- Pinch of salt and black pepper
For the tomato relish
- 2 small shallots, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp chilli or olive oil
- 100g cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 200g tinned tomatoes
- 4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tsp honey
- 2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Tabasco sauce
1. Place all the burger ingredients in a food processor and pulse to form a paste.
2. Divide the mixture into 8, flour your hands and make round patties out of each portion. Cover and leave to chill in the fridge for at least ½ hour.
3. Meanwhile, make the relish: sweat the shallots and garlic in chilli oil, add the cherry tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes before adding in the rest of the relish ingredients. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until glossy and thick. Season to taste then leave to cool.
4. When you are ready to cook, heat a little oil in a non-stick frying pan. Carefully place the burgers in the oil and cook for 2-3 minutes a side, over a moderate heat, until firm and golden brown.
5. To serve, slice the burger buns in half, top with soured cream, Alaska salmon burger, relish and coriander leaves.
Recipe from Food Network