You can use any kind of white fish, such as cod or haddock, or even salmon to make this tasty and filling fish pie. Salmon is a good source of vitamins A and D.
Time: 60 minutes
700g potatoes, peeled and diced
4 fillets haddock (or any kind of white fish or salmon)
425ml 1% milk
25g low-fat spread
25g plain flour
25g reduced-fat strong hard cheese
320g broccoli (to serve)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C or gas mark 6.
- Start by preparing the potatoes. Boil them for about 10 to 15 minutes until they're soft, then drain them and mash with a little milk.
- To make the sauce, mix the milk, low-fat spread and flour in a small pan and warm over a medium heat. Stir continuously until the sauce starts to bubble and thicken.
- Pour the sauce over chunks of fish in an ovenproof dish, then top with mashed potato and sprinkle the cheese over the top.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes, until the top is golden brown. Serve with broccoli.
|Nutrient||Per 100g||Per 458g serving|
|(of which sugars)||1.7g||7.6g|