Chilli Beef Noodles
Add a little spice to your midweek menu...
Preparation time 10 mins
Cooking time 15 mins
- 1½ l vegetable stock
- 6 thin slices peeled fresh ginger
- 1 large red chilli, halved lengthways
- 1 bunch spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 sirloin steak, trimmed
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 250g pack pak choi, quartered
- 300g thin egg noodles
Place the stock, ginger, chilli and spring onions in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan until very hot and brush the steak with the oil. Griddle the steak for 2 mins each side for medium-rare. Transfer to a chopping board and leave to rest for 1 min, then thinly slice.
- Add the pak choi to the stock, then the noodles, bring to the boil and simmer for 3 mins until tender. Ladle the stock, noodles and pak choi into large serving bowls and top with thin slices of steak.
Recipe from BBC Good Food.