Introducing Motivational Communication
Have you ever struggled to help clients who say they want to eat healthier and exercise more but repeatedly do the opposite?
Do you sometimes despair because it seems your clients are not taking all of your great advice on board?
If you answered ‘yes’ to either of these questions then this masterclass is for you.
This 1 hour video presentation will help you understand how your clients make health behaviour decisions and how you can influence that process.
This masterclass will teach you a new approach. You will learn how to use motivational interviewing techniques to communicate with clients in a way that elicits genuine motivation and sustained behaviour change.
One of the most common mistakes that health and fitness professionals make is assuming that informing our clients of the consequences of their poor diet/inactivity will lead to behaviour change. The reality is that this approach is at best ineffective and at worst completely counter-productive.
What does the masterclass cover?
You will learn:
- How people really make health behaviour decisions (it’s not how you think)
- Why willpower is overrated
- How the ‘fast’ and ‘slow’ thinking systems influence the adoption of new habits
- Why the most commonly used methods for encouraging behaviour change (telling people what to do and why) actually increases resistance to change
- The most effective way of communicating with your clients for lasting behaviour change
- 8 proven communication techniques that you can put into practice with your clients immediately
The masterclass is presented by Dr Patrick Partington a behaviour change specialist with 26 years’ experience in the health and fitness industry.
Pat has a PhD in social psychology and further qualifications in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Motivational Interviewing and Hypnotherapy. He brings his wealth of knowledge and experience to this masterclass, along with his enthusiasm for this fascinating topic.
Who is this masterclass suitable for?
This masterclass has no pre-requisites and is suitable for anyone who works with clients and wants to learn how they can communicate with them more effectively. It is also suitable for those studying for their own interest who want to gain a better understanding of the science of decision-making and behaviour change.
The completion time for the masterclass is approximately 1 hour. You will have instant access to the masterclass when you pay online. This masterclass is not accredited/does not have CPD points associated with it.
Add the masterclass to your basket and follow the instructions to purchase. A new account will be created for you and your password will be confirmed by email.
Please ensure that you login to the Student Zone here using your existing account details, come back to this page and add the masterclass to your basket before completing your payment.
Terms & conditions:
- Suitable for own-interest and PTs, Nutrition Advisers and Pilates Teachers
- Upon completion of this masterclass you are not qualified to advise clients, unless you have successfully completed our Nutrition and Weight Management course
- You will have access to the masterclass for 6 months (from date of purchase)
- Once you have accessed the masterclass you will not be eligible for a refund
- Price applicable for online bookings only
IF YOU HAVE A PROMOTIONAL CODE, PLEASE ENTER IT AT THE CHECKOUT.