On successful completion you can use your skills to develop your own style of aerobics - mix it up with some salsa, disco, hip-hop or 80’s.
Why not expand the classes you can offer, by adding to your skill-set with courses in step aerobics, choreography and body conditioning? You can then go on to teach 20/20/20 (20 minutes aerobics, 20 minutes step and 20 minutes conditioning), legs bums and tums, step aerobics, body conditioning, free weight classes, dance aerobics and much more.
Please note: when purchased individually an additional £25 will be added to the total price to cover the award and accreditation fee associated with this course.
What our students say...
"I’ve been really impressed with the staff and how I've been treated. I’ve been looked after throughout by Future Fit and the Technical Support team in particular were excellent. Originally I picked Future Fit based on dates that fitted into school holidays but I would choose them again for their excellent customer service and high quality tuition. The workshop is split over two weekends and is thoroughly enjoyable. " Brooke
This is a 6-day practical course delivered over 2 weekends (including Fridays).
- Health and safety and how to support clients
- Designing appropriate warm-ups and cool-downs
- Identifying and instructing appropriate aerobic exercises and stretches for an exercise to music class
- Identifying and instructing appropriate muscular strength and endurance exercises for an exercise to music class
- Class management and teaching skills
- Voice projection, motivation and cueing skills
- Planning and building 32-beat combinations and how to work with the beats and phrases of the music
You must be 16 or over and regularly attend aerobics classes. You should be physically fit as this is a strenuous course.
The practical assessment typically occurs at least 4 weeks after the course and includes both practical and written work. You wiill be required to bring along two friends who will help to form the group classes during the practical assessment day.
Certification and credits
On successful completion you will be awarded a Level 2 City and Guilds Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Aerobics). You will also receive 20 REPs CPD points.